Sunday, July 3, 2011

Love cannot be found where it doesn't exist, nor can it be hidden where it truly does

I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me. But it's hard to stay mad when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once...and it's too much. My heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst. And then I remember... to relax, and not try to hold on to it. And then it flows through me like rain. And I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life. You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. Don't worry... you will someday.  " 
~Lester Burnham from American Beauty~

"Don't let anyone ever make you feel like you don't deserve what you want. " 
~Heath Ledger, 10 Things I Hate About You~


"Jamie: You don't know the first thing about being someone's friend.
Landon: I don't want to just be your friend.
Jamie: You don't know what you want.
Landon: Neither do you. Maybe you're just too scared that someone might actually want to be with you.
Jamie: And why would that scare me?
Landon: Because then you wouldn't be able to hide behind your books, or your frickin' telescope, or your faith. No, no, you know the real reason why you're scared? It's cause maybe you wanna be with me too.
" 
~A Walk to Remember~

It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to
your friends."
 
~Dumbledore, Harry Potter~

Being perfect is not about that scoreboard out there. It's not about winning. It's about you and your relationship with yourself, your family and your friends. Being perfect is about being able to look your friends in the eye and know that you didnt let them down because you told them the truth. And that truth is you did everything you could. There wasnt one more thing you could've done. Can you live in that moment as best you can, with clear eyes, and love in your heart, with joy in your heart? If you can do that gentleman - you're perfect! 

I'd rather fight with you than make love with anyone else.
~Wedding date~

Don’t you just take the past and put it in a room in a basement and lock the door and never go in there? That’s what I do. And then you meet someone special and all you want to do is to toss them the key and say, “Open up, step inside.” But you can’t, because it’s dark. There’s demons and if anybody saw how ugly it is… I keep wanted to do that, fling the door open just let light in and clean everything out. 
~The Talented Mr. Ripley~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment