Monday, January 9, 2017

music saves

Music wasn't always that important to me. I mean, I always heard to it and enjoy it, I played the piano and was p good at it and sang well and everything, but I never found myself like truly devoted to a specific band/singer/genre. For a short period of time a had a small obsession with Tokio Hotel, loved their sound; didn't like their appearance/style but yeah the music is important, right? At my teenage years I was listening to many types of music some common for my age and some not so much, like I'd enjoy Jazz, family inheritance, and listen to it a lot. I loved music a lot, like the temporary one, but I couldn't like really connect to it. If I didn't have a big hidden reason I wouldn't cry with a song. I would sing along and dance etc, but wouldn't have an inner connection.

At my very early 20's I came to a point where, I need music. This music that I love. Music makes me happy. Music reminds me Im not alone-pretty cheesy, but true for me. Finally. The music I choose to listen to, speaks to my heart. Finally. The band which changed my whole attitude/feeling on music is this american duo from Columbus, Ohio: twenty one pilots. Their music opened my eyes and  helped me realise more about my emotions and wills in life. This band makes me happy. Yeah, it might be the most depressing songs I've ever heard. I might be crying just by hearing the first notes on the piano of Addict with a pen, or by bringing back in my memory this poetic masterpiece called Taxi cab, but still, they make me happy. Happy 'cause someone talked for me. For us. The deeper feelers.
I enjoy other bands as well. Bands with a special thing in their music. [of course I like bands like Placebo, Muse, Coldplay etc, they're amazing, I just don't connect the way i do with other ones]
I love Alt-J, their style and sound amazes me.
I really enjoy Ratatat, I find it unique (listening right now: Ratatat- Lex)
Great sounds by Gogol Bordello, their gypsy tune always amazed me.
I haven't heard much but I can't not say how impressed am I with the dark cabaret/macabre style of The Tiger Lillies.
I just randomly found out about them (a bit late right), but Madness band, found in mid70's London, really makes my heart dance. Can't stop listening to them.

And I'm sure the list shouldn't stop here.
There are so many things we don't know and we'd love if we'd be given the chance to find them.
I just want this list to keep getting longer. It's not easy to get into it, but if you do I doubt you're gonna leave it.
[to connect to a band I need to 'feel' more than just ONE song which happens to 'speak' to me. eg Take me to church-Hozier, Riptide-Vence Joy etc]




currently listening to:


Madness - one step beyond



No comments:

Post a Comment